Check out the songs Glee will be doing in episode 7 entitled, “I Kissed a Girl”.
Excuse me while I squeal like the crazy obsessed 80s child that I am – holy cow, I’m excited!
“Kiss” (Prince) performed by Holly Holliday and Will Schuester
“Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)” (Joan Jett) performed by Holly Holliday and New Directions
“Afternoon Delight” (Starland Vocal Band) performed by Carl, Rachel, Puck, and Quinn
“Landslide” (Stevie Nicks) performed by Holly Holliday with Santana and Brittany
“Animal” (Neon Trees) performed by Dalton Academy Warblers
Stevie Nicks made a surprise visit to the Glee set. As you can tell from the video, she is a huge fan. While she was there, the cast performed “Landslide” for her. Ms. Nicks’ song will be featured in the March 8th episode of Glee.
Tommy2.net released the track list for Glee: The Music, Volume 5 this weekend. I don’t know about you but I’m pretty excited for tracks #9, #10, and #11. How about you?
Glee: The Music, Volume 5, the next installment in the Glee soundtrack series, will be released March 8th. Here’s a look at the tracklist.
1. Thriller / Heads Will Roll
2. Need You Now
3. She’s Not There
4. Fat Bottomed Girls
5. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
7. Take Me Or Leave Me
8. Don’t You Want Me
9. Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah) (featuring Gwyneth Paltrow)
10. Kiss (featuring Gwyneth Paltrow)
12. Get It Right
13. Loser Like Me
No really, I don’t think you understand how happy this makes me. The song. The situation. The EPIC! Bring it on!!
You don’t have to be a Gleek to be turned on by this next scoop: When Gwyneth Paltrow returns to Glee on March 8, the show will be giving her the royal treatment — a Prince song to sing!
In the episode, the Oscar winner will team with leading man Matthew Morrison on a sexed-up version of the onetime glyph’s ’80s smash, “Kiss.” The duet represents a huge get for the Fox smash’s behind-the-scenes team, as His Highness very rarely licenses his music for television.
Storywise, Paltrow’s roving substitute, Holly Holiday, returns to McKinley High to fill in for the MIA sex ed teacher. Cue more flying sparks between her and Morrison’s Mr. Schuester, and presto, a purportedly too-hot-for-TV version of Prince’s classic is born. And what would a cover of “Kiss” be without a literal liplock? Rhetorical question, people. Yes, Holly and Will pucker up.
Just realized who might not be pumped about this news: Wemma fans. Hey, at least they’re not covering George Michael’s “I Want Your Sex.”
Rumored Track Listing – Due to be released on November 30, 2010:
1. Empire State Of Mind (Jay-Z & Alicia Keys)
2. Billionaire (Travie McCoy ft Bruno Mars)
3. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears)
4. Stronger (Britney Spears)
5. Toxic (Britney Spears)
6. The Only Exception (Paramore)
7. I Want To Hold Your Hand (The Beatles)
8. One Of Us (Joan Osborne)
9. River Deep, Mountain High (Ike & Tina Turner)
10. Lucky (Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat)
11. One Love (People Get Ready) (Bob Marley & The Wailers)
12. Teenage Dream (Katy Perry)
13. Forget You (ft. Gwyneth Paltrow) (Cee Lo Green)
14. Marry You (Bruno Mars?)
15. Sway (Pablo Beltrán Y Su Orchestra)
16. Just The Way You Are (Bruno Mars)
17. Valerie (The Zutons)
18. (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life (Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes)